WELCOME! BENVENUTI!

Jenne' Andrews is an American poet. She has three published chapbooks including the recent Blackbirds Dance in the Empire of Love, Finishing Line Press 2013.

A full-length collection, Reunion, Lynx House Press, was published in 1983; after a long hiatus to raise Golden Retrievers in Colorado, recent work has appeared in The Passionate Transitory, Belletrist Coterie, The Adirondack Review and Vox Populi, a journal of culture, politics and poetry published and edited by the august Michael Simms.

A bilingual collection of "Italiana," Bocca, Voce, Delirio, with translations by Lorenzo Luciani, will be released by Finishing Line at the end of 2016 and her latest collection, And Now, the Road, a finalist for the Autumn House prize in 2014, will be released by Salmon Poetry Ltd, Ireland, a highly regarded international house, Jessie Lendennie, Publisher, circa 2017.

Andrews holds the MFA in Creative Writing/Poetry from Colorado State University, is a literary fellow of the National Endowment for the Arts, and was full-time Poet in Residence for the St. Paul Schools from '74-78. She lived in St. Paul from 1971-78 during the first wave of the Twin Cities literary renaissance, and spent the summer of 1973 in Reggio Calabria, Italy.

The poet lives in northern Colorado's Poudre River Valley with her husband, fiction writer Jack Brooks; the couple has recently imported two British Golden Retrievers and expects a litter in June-- see the Ardorgold website for details. Contact: jenneandrews2010@gmail.com .

Monday, May 21, 2012

New Poem: Spent, posting for DVerse Open Link Night ...

Photo by Francesca Woodman, via Tess Kincaid.

Spent

Against the delectable Pearl Fishers duet
A luna llena in the window

I stepped toward you, transformed:
my stiletto boots,
inner soles reading Milano,
my thigh-high seamed silk stockings
clipped to the black garter belt,

the black push-up bra
tucking the bread of my breasts
beneath my neck, cleavage
like a cradle for the abandoned.

My hair was down and dark and flowing;
Open that whore’s heart of yours,
you whispered to me,
caressing my legs.

Now let me have it: you didn’t
deserve to lose your teaching job.
Pretend I’m the chair of the department,
that douche from Harvard.
Whip me; humiliate me.  Take my money.

In that nether world of candlelight
and black lace,
I deployed the whip, my mouth
and hands

and soon we lay spent from a vertical
frothing rut in the moontide.

Later I fed the shoes and bra
to the fire in the woodstove
and made love to myself
in the peony dawn light,
biting my lips until they bled.







 
copyright Jenne' R. Andrews 2012


16 comments:

Mystic_Mom said...

Jenne - peony dawn light! I love your words girl, I truly do!

Tess Kincaid said...

Wow...this is lusciously red red hot Jen...

Richard Theodore Beck said...

Wow! You can't get that over your pancakes at the local diner for breakfast but I can tell you this...it sure tastes good once you find it.

Timoteo said...

...that douche from Harvard...

...a vertical frothing rut in the moontide...

OH BABY!

Brian Miller said...

well now this is rather smoking...to each their own you know...and long as between two willing...the demeaning dances a line for me that i wont tread in love making...i know it is for some but...and you got your own satisfaction in the end...nice visuals jenne...smiles.

poemsofhateandhope.com said...

Wow- this is RED hot- phewwww....beautifully written- you manage to build the eroticism excellently...right to its vertical climax....might just nip back for another read...;)

Victoria said...

You have such an ability to put us into the personna of the "narrator." To (almost) know what it must be like.

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Loved this write--just fabulous writing

Anna Montgomery said...

Luscious diction, nipping tone, and full throated narration. Bravo!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Wow! I'm taking it as fiction, inspired by the photo — but you made it very real. I'm guessing it was fun to write. :)

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Fabulous! The liberation in the losing of one's self and the empowerment of taking it back - powerful and brave!

ayala said...

smoking and sensual write, very good!

Semaphore said...

Ah, this could have come straight out of one of Anais Nin's journals, or her inimitable "Delta of Venus". The writing transfixes, and that ending - feeding the garments into fire - a revelation.

Mama Zen said...

Incredible!

jen revved said...

Thanks to everyone for their great supportive comments, once more. I'm afraid I did rely on some autobiographical material in this one...lol...xxxj

manicddaily said...

Very intense with details so particularized--beyond vivid. k.