WELCOME! BENVENUTI!

WECOME! BENVENUTI

Benvenuti nel blog della poesia e poesia in traduzione di la poetessa Americana Jenne 'R. Andrews. Please scroll down for current post! Scorrere verso sotto per il post per oggi! Please note that this is a bilingual blog.


Sunday, March 25, 2012

New Poem: The Artifice of Mirrors, posting for Magpie Tales and Beyond...


To participate in the Magpie Tales prompt click here.  xj 



The Artifice of Mirrors

Look then at how each unanswered
Question appears in mirrored eyes
I should never doubt you, oval-rimmed
Image:
That you are wordless belies the war
In my heart.

To love Self or not to love her
To hide away, to set her free
From the gilded cage of artifice
Where she sings alone all the nights
And days?

Being shines back
Like the moon refracting the suns of time
I brush my hair from my brow
She follows suit.

But whose tear is it that runs
The furrow of the cheek?
Have I cast myself
Like a horse caught under a fence
Within the shadows of the mirror?

A reflected and refracting inquiry
Cannot resolve within the mind—
Then turn away; volition
In his long cloak
Has found honey in the garden.



copyright Jenne' R. Andrews 2012

7 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

"To love Self or not to love her"...and then your last stanza...powerful Jenne...

Kat Mortensen said...

I enjoyed this poem, particularly,
"I brush my hair from my brow
She follows suit."

Thanks for introducing me to Andrews. I had not heard of her before.

Maureen said...

Lovely take on the prompt, Jenne. I especially like "gilded cage of artifice" and those last three lines of the last stanza.

zongrik said...

i hope it was wroth finding the honey in the garden

mirrored

Little Nell said...

Whose tear is it that runs the furrow of the cheek? Should she or shouldn't she? Unanswered questions posed by artifice. Nicely done.

moondustwriter said...

many memories and questions stored in the mirror
Hope all is well Jenne

manicddaily said...

I love thinking of volition as a character--and volition and honey another great juxtoposition. In my mind, volition almost always ends up with the disciplined choice. Nice to see it getting a reward. K.